Saturday, July 12, 2014

Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Rating: ****

"Ninety-five days, and then I'll be safe. I wonder whether the procedure will hurt. I want to get it over with. It's hard to be patient. It's hard not to be afraid while I'm still uncured, though so far the deliria hasn't touched me yet. Still, I worry. They say that in the old days, love drove people to madness. The deadliest of all deadly things: It kills you both when you have it and when you don't."

The book started slow as in details but the pacing was very fast. You'd venture months in few pages or in one day through little chapters. It is very grasping but the suspense comes and goes, makes you hooked at once and then random at others.
I liked the main character but she was so stubborn and fearful at first, I guess that is what made her more credible and down to earth.

Alex, on the other hand, had quite an entrance when the book started. The way both characters advanced is very unique and inspiring. The way he made her curl for him added a little bit of spice to the whole thing especially when the plot was strict about love that was a disease.
This futuristic world-crises Lauren created was unique and intense. The way she made the events flow so quickly at one point and then slow down at other is brilliant.

"One of the best YA books I have read in which love is not allowed but after all, rules are made to be broken!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment